A Photograph of me without me in it

A Photograph of me without me in it
A photograph of me without me in it

Thursday, April 29, 2010

NL #6: Please don't pick my brain

NL #6: "I'd like to pick your brain about something." This expression, which I hear often in my work as a consultant, gives me the willies. The surgeons, after all, did pick my brain and thank heavens they took out the tumor but I've seen the video and it's not pretty (though it is amazing.)

"Peel your eyes," having had two eye muscle surgeries, also gives me the shivers. It's hard not to think literally about it. For some reason, crows come to mind. And oranges.

Though as a general rule, I appreciate a good drink, please don't offer me a "bloody Mary." As a Mary who has been through brain surgery and puberty, I really hate this drink. I realize it was named for Mary Queen of Scots and not me, but my 7th grade social studies teacher called me Mary Queen of Scots (I think he was insulting me--I found him juvenile.) Either way, I take it personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment: I'd love to hear your thoughts!