A Photograph of me without me in it

A Photograph of me without me in it
A photograph of me without me in it

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My very own weather systems

One night when I was in high school, I went to my church youth group instead of studying for my Calculus test. I didn’t know how I was going to learn all those formulas by the next morning, but I guessed I’d figure out something.

While we were eating, our minister, W. W. Finlator, dropped by the table to say hi. Though there was no snow in the forecast, I asked Rev. Finlator if he would get on the direct line to God and tell God that I really needed a snow storm that night. He said he would. The next morning, I awoke to a lovely white blanket of snow on the ground and more coming down. School was out that day, and I could study for my test in my cozy room.

I suspect that the reverend’s intervention had not a thing to do with my snow storm, but ever since then I’ve imagined that good weather comes my way especially for me. (Bad weather just happens in this theology.)

Today I think my yoga teacher Victoria created a class just for me. We did lots of stretching on the mat, and I didn’t have to deal with my balance the whole class. Though I know that it’s good for me to test my balance and challenge my brain to figure out new ways to keep me upright, it’s really nice not to worry about it from time to time.

At the end of class, I said, “Thanks, Victoria! That was awesome!” I think she knew what I meant, but others said it, too, and as I left the studio and descended the stairs, others around me said to one another, “That was great!”

I’m guessing that other students (and teachers) were glad for that 1980’s snow storm, too. This afternoon, I’m hoping for sunshine, so get out your sunglasses!
 
It's good to be able to give to the world in this way. I wish I could do something about global climate change, but I think that's beyond my control.

1 comment:

Please comment: I'd love to hear your thoughts!